sexta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2013

BREAK THE CHAIN


O hino do One Billion Rising que falamos no texto do Mês (espreita a página em cima com este nome - tem os links todos :D)

Aqui a letra:

"Break the Chain" Lyrics                                    Quebra a Corrente
Lyrics by Tena Clark
Music by Tena Clark/Tim Heintz


Intro-
I raise my arms to the sky                                  Eu ergo os braços para o céu
On my knees I pray                                           De joelhos eu oro

I'm not afraid anymore                                        Eu não estou mais com medo
I will walk through that door                                Eu vou passar por aquela porta
Walk, dance, rise                                               Caminhar, dançar, subir
Walk, dance, rise                                               Caminhar, dançar, subir

I can see a world where we all live                      Eu posso ver um mundo onde todos vivemos
Safe and free from all oppression                        Seguro e livre de toda a opressão
No more rape or incest, or abuse                        Sem mais de violação ou incesto, ou abuso
Women are not a possession                             As mulheres não são uma posse

You've never owned me,                                   Tu nunca me possuiste   
don't even know me                                         não me conheces
I'm not invisible,                                               Eu não sou invisível,
I'm simply wonderful                                         Eu sou simplesmente maravilhosa
I feel my heart for the first time racing                Sinto o meu coração pela primeira vez a bater
I feel alive,                                                       Pela primeira vez eu me sinto viva
I feel so amazing                                              Eu  sinto-me tão incrível!

I dance cause I love
Dance cause I dream
Dance cause I've had enough
Dance to stop the screams
Dance to break the rules
Dance to stop the pain
Dance to turn it upside down
Its time to break the chain, oh yeah
Break the Chain
Dance, rise
Dance, rise

In the middle of this madness,                             No meio dessa loucura 
we will stand                                                     vamos nos erguer.
I know there is a better world                              Eu sei que há um mundo melhor
Take your sisters & your brothers by the hand     leva as tuas irmãs e teus irmãos pela mão
Reach out to every woman & girl                         Alcança cada mulher e menina

This is my body, my body's holy                         Este é o meu corpo, o meu corpo é sagrado

No more excuses, no more abuses                      Chega de desculpas, chega de abusos
We are mothers, we are teachers,                        Somos mães, somos professoras,
We are beautiful, beautiful creatures                     Somos lindas, belas criaturas

I dance cause I love
Dance cause I dream
Dance cause I've had enough
Dance to stop the screams
Dance to break the rules
Dance to stop the pain
Dance to turn it upside down
It's time to break the chain, oh yeah
Break the Chain, oh yeah
Break the Chain

Dance Break Inst.

Dance, rise
Dance, rise

Sister won't you help me, sister won't you rise x4

Dance, rise
Dance, rise

Sister won't you help me, sister won't you rise x4

This is my body, my body's holy
No more excuses, no more abuses
We are mothers, we are teachers,
We are beautiful, beautiful creatures

I dance cause I love
Dance cause I dream
Dance cause I've had enough
Dance to stop the screams
Dance to break the rules
Dance to stop the pain
Dance to turn it upside down
Its time to break the chain, oh yeah
Break the Chain, oh yeah
Break the Chain

(Repeat chorus)